I live up in Canada where we have 4 very distinct seasons. Each season has it’s plus and minuses, and for me, many of them revolve around food. It’s getting flipping cold up here right now. And while I love the winter for the warm and comforting foods that seem to appear on the table each night, I do miss my grill.
While I won’t complain about the cold months, I will absolutely share my enthusiasm about harvesting our fresh veggies from the garden and cooking on the grill 4-5 nights per week. I just love homemade hamburgers on a sourdough bun topped with fresh garden vegetables. Add a side of roasted veggies and I never need to change up my dinner menu!!!
These homemade hamburger patties are my absolute favorite to make. They are quick and easy, and deliver a juicy and flavorful patty every time. Best of all, everyone in my family loves them, and I can’t pass up on things that my littles ones devour. I can’t believe I used to just form ground beef into a patty and grill; what was I thinking! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
What are you favorite hamburger toppings? Here it’s mustard, ketchup, pickles, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes and cheese.
The Perfect Homemade Hamburger
– 2 lbs ground beef
– 3/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
– 1 tbsp italiano seasoning
– 1/4 cup bbq sauce
– pinch of pepper
– pinch of paprika
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add all ingredients (except the egg) into the bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients with your hands until they are well combined.
4. Add the egg and mix again.
5. Work the meat well in your hand and form the patties.
6. Set the patties in the fridge for at least an hour before grilling.
7. Place the burgers on the grill over high heat for 5 minutes each side before moving them to the top level and removing when done, flipping every few minutes.
8. When they are done, serve and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER