So I’m calling these all-natural. If they are natural they must be healthy, right. Right?! Okay, okay, I may be using the word loosely, but these Candied Pecans are sweetened with coconut sugar and cinnamon, so they can’t be that bad. Now, if you choose to eat the entire batch over the course of two days like I have, then I’m not sure if the term healthy should be used. 😉
Honestly, I’ve been turned away from anything “candied” so many times. Recipes are usually so time consuming and don’t always turn out. Most of the time you have to use a candy thermometer and continually check on the treat, or possibly stir non-stop until it’s ready. These Candied Pecans are NOTHING like that. They are so incredibly easy and delicious… and healthy, right? 😉
I wanted to share these with you before the holiday season because they have become a wonderful dish for me to share at holiday potlucks. They have also found a new home on my counter over the holidays, replacing the old holiday jube-jubes that used to once reside there.
– 3 cups organic pecans
– 1 large egg white
– 1 tbsp coconut oil, softened
– 3/4 coconut sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 300F.
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the egg white and oil together until soft white peaks form. Once you see this “foam” appear, add pecans to the egg whites.
2. Stir until the pecans are completely covered.
3. Add coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well. Ensure the pecans are well coated.
4. Pour pecans onto a lined baking sheet. I use non-chlorinated parchment paper and it does the trick. Spread the nuts out as well as possible. This will stop them from baking into large clumps.
5. Bake for 35 minutes at 300F. Stir every 10-12 minutes.
PIN IT FOR LATER