These sweet and spicy gluten-free ginger cookies are ones that my sister has been making for a while now. They are SO delicious and always appreciated at pot-lucks and holidays. They use 3 gluten-free flours, but you can also use 2 cups of an all-purpose gluten free mix if you would prefer.
– 1/2 cup quinoa flour
– 1/2 cup tapioca flour
– 1 cup brown rice flour
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 3/4 cup butter [room temperature] – 1 cup cane sugar + 1/4 cup cane sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup fancy molasses
1. Preheat the over to 325degrees F
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl mix butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add molasses, beat well.
4. Bit by bit, beat in the flour mixture.
5. Shape dough into balls (each about 2 tbsp). Roll balls in a bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
6. Bake 15-17 minutes.
PIN IT FOR LATER